The enemy has no new tricks up his sleeve. He is as cunning and shrewd today as he was in the Garden thousands of years ago. Nothing has changed. We fall into the same traps and believe the same lies, allowing him to steal joy, time, finances, and purpose. Before we know it, our perfectly good day has turned into the worst day ever.
The cause: We simply let our guard down; choosing to go back to our old habits rather than making every effort to combat the lies. Instead of living as sons and daughters to the Most High King, we are living as slaves to an enemy who has no power over us.
Here are several ways to have the worst day ever:
- Don’t pick up your Bible first and don’t even think about praying. Always grab your phone and check social media even before you get out of bed.
- Worry about something. Meditate on the worst possible scenario.
- Make sure you tell yourself you will never be enough and nothing you do matters.
- Gossip. Tearing down others will make you will feel better.
- Count your troubles instead of your blessings. Make a list and read it often.
- Fall into the comparison trap. Doing what everyone else is doing makes it easier.
- Never pray about a situation. Call your friend first and complain.
- Don’t trust God with the results. Make a plan and strive with all efforts to reach your goal.
- Devise ways to serve God even if it hurts your family. After all, you want to have some purpose.
- Stay away from a community of believers. Avoid vulnerability at all cost.
- Always hide your true self, making others believe you have it all together. Must look spiritual.
- Be in a rush and stick to your to-do-list. Tasks over people keep you focused.
- Make more money at all costs. Your family will understand.
- Forgiveness is never an option. Cutting people off and moving on removes hindrances.
- Remind yourself of your past. You’ll never get over what happened to you, so why bother?
Friend, there you have it. If you follow these 15 suggestions, you will be guaranteed to not only have the worst day ever but the worst year ever. Satan’s goal: kill, steal, and destroy. He stops at nothing, so don’t think he has backed off. He manipulates anything possible to provide false, temporary fulfillment. But not our God. He ALWAYS wants what’s best for us. His love, healing, peace, forgiveness, and joy are always at our fingertips. So, let’s tap into Holy Spirit power and do the opposite of these 15 suggestions.
And the thing is:
“But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won’t know what we’re talking about. But for you who welcome him, in whom he dwells—even though you still experience all the limitations of sin—you yourself experience life on God’s terms. It stands to reason, doesn’t it, that if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he’ll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus, bringing you alive to himself? When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life. With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ’s!” Romans 8:9-11 MSG
Let an offering of praise burst worth and have the best day ever! You are worth it!
Get Your Free Digital Print Now
Subscribe and get your FREE resource for 2018:
The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.